This is a simple pasta dish to make. It doesn't take long and it tastes great, so you can't beat it. You can easily substitute the veggies or seitan for something you have on hand.
Vegan Recipe: Elbows with Veggies and Seitan
What you need:
- 1 box of elbow pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (I like a lot of garlic)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 package of seitan, cubed (I like Sweet Earth brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of vegan parmesan (I like Follow Your Heart brand)
What you do:
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While cooking the pasta, add in the broccoli florets so they are cooking in the same pot. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the olive oil and saute the garlic for about 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add in the seitan and tomatoes and cook them over medium heat until the tomatoes blister, around 2-3 minutes. Drain the pasta and broccoli once the pasta is ready. Add the ingredients in the skillet to the pot with the drained pasta. Add salt and peppers to your taste. Add in the vegan parmesan. Mix together and serve. Enjoy!