Looking for vegan breakfast ideas? No problem! There are no shortage of great things for vegans to eat for breakfast. You have plenty of healthy plant based breakfast options to choose from, then you have some that are in the middle, and some that are not so healthy but are fun to have once in a while. Hey, my husband and I will take an 8-mile round trip bike ride to the store to treat ourselves to some vegan cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We only do it once every couple of months, but it's fun when we do!
Here are some vegan breakfast ideas:
- Fresh fruit
- Pancakes (make a batch of vegan ones up, lay them out to cool completely, then stack them in a container in the freezer, pulling out a pancake every time you want one. Pop it in the microwave. This is great for the kids!). There are store-bought pancake mixes that are vegan. Then just follow the directions on the back to prepare them, replacing non-vegan ingredients with vegan ones, such as milk, egg, etc. For egg, use egg replacer or some ground flax.
- An English muffin with a veggie sausage, topped with a little vegan cheese, and jelly
- Vegan biscuits and gravy (a personal favorite, but I only make it once in a while)
- Homemade vegan muffins
- Trail mix bar
- Vegan yogurt
- Vegan omelets
- Vegan egg sandwich
- Hashbrowns with onions and green peppers
- Tofu scramble (homemade or store bought frozen)- at home I make homemade often, but if we are traveling I buy a frozen one to eat on the road
- Veggie bacon on English muffin with a little vegan cheese and jelly
- Veggie BLT
- Vegan French toast
- Homemade breakfast burrito (with tofu scramble)
- Frozen Amy's bean burrito (sometimes my kids like to have them for breakfast)
- Vegan French toast (you could make it this way or with Just Egg)
- Avocado toast (half an avocado spread on toast, topped onion slices)
- Acai bowls
There are many vegan breakfast ideas, you just need to find what you like to have. Most days I have a vegan smoothie, but on the weekends I like to change it up a bit. Find what works for you and enjoy!