As you probably know, October is Vegetarian Awareness Month. It's a great time to get the word out (as if you haven't been all along, right?). Here are a few things you can do to help raise awareness about vegetarianism this month (or anytime):
- Write a letter to the editor at your local newspaper about vegetarianism. Remind them that October if Vegetarian Awareness Month (which will help increase your chances of it being published).
- Contact local restaurants and inform them, as well as ask them to add a special vegetarian dish to the menu this month.
- Host a vegetarian potluck in order to get people together. Be sure to invite omnivores, so you can raise awareness about vegetarianism to them.
- Take some good vegetarian dishes into your workplace or office. Share them your co-workers and let them know it's Vegetarian Awareness Month and you want them to see how good cruelty-free plant-based food can be.
- Wear a vegetarian or animal rights related shirt.
- Check out this long list of more ideas of what you can do.
There are many ways to help get the word out. Just pick something, or serveral things, and go for it! The more you get the word out there, the better!