There are so many good books today that cover issues of interest to vegetarians and vegans. Cookbooks aside (which are one of my loves), I have some favorites. Here is my list of books, in no particular order, that I think every vegetarian and vegan should read.
6. Ethical Vegetarianism: From Pythagoras to Peter Singer
7. Religious Vegetarianism: From Hesiod to the Dali Lama
11. Last Child in the Woods - This book is on the list because it is all about connecting kids to nature. The more kids are connected to nature the more they will care about it (as well as gain many benefits). Caring for nature not only helps protect the human animal, but all other animals on the planet.
12. Mad Cowboy: The Plain Truth From a Cattle Rancher Who Won't Eat Meat
13. The Food Revolution: How Your Diet Can Help Save Your Life and Our World