Many people visit the Daytona Beach area each year. Some come from out out of state, while others come from within Florida. Whether you are coming from near or far and are looking for vegetarian or vegan food you are in luck. While we don't have any all vegetarian restauranst in the county (yet), we do have some that are vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Here is my list of the top 10 vegetarian and vegan friendly places to check out in the Daytona Beach area:
1. Cafe Verde - Located in New Smyrna Beach. This is the most vegetarian and vegan friendly restaurant in the Daytona Beach area at this time. It's a great little place that has good food. Try the miso soup, Brussels sprouts without the cheese, and vegan tacos. You can check out my full review here.
2. Dancing Avacado Kitchen - Located in Daytona Beach on Beach Street. You can actually get a tofu scramble breakfast at this restaurant. They also offer other vegetarian and vegan options to choose from. See my full review here.
3. Fresh Healthy Cafe - Located in Port Orange. This is a nice little cafe that has plenty of healthy vegetarian and vegan options to choose from, including wraps, paninis, smoothies, and more. They even offer a vegan chicken option you can use on any selection. You can find a full review here.
4. Pasha's - Located in Daytona Beach on International Speedway Blvd. Hands down the best falafel around! You can get falafel pitas, hummus, stuffed grape leaves, and more. Read my full review here.
5. DeLand Bakery and Natural Market - Located in Deland. This cafe is in the back of a health food store. They have a lot of good options to choose from, including wraps, sandwiches, and daily specials. Read my full review here.
6. Fireside Pizza - Located in Port Orange at the Pavilion. You can get good vegan pizza here. They offer a daiya non-dairy cheese option, and the crust and sauce is vegan, too. Top it with lots of veggies!
7. Burger Joints - Want a good veggie burger and fries? My three favorite places to go to for this are Red Robin (located in Port Orange), Johnny Rockets (located in Daytona Beach on the ocean), and The Breakers (located in New Smyrna Beach on the ocean). Click on each restaurant name to read my full review.
8. Siam Spice - Located in Daytona Beach on Beach Street. They have great Thai food and the best spring rolls around! Read my full review here.
9. Delectable Delights - If you want any kind of vegan cake, cupcakes, or desserts this is your source. She makes vegan and vegan gluten free and it's all great.
10. Panera Bread - Locations in Daytona Beach and Port Orange. They offer a good mediterranean sandwich (minus the feta cheese), black bean soup, vegetable soup, etc. You can read my full review here.
UPDATED DECEMBER 9, 2013
When I wrote this post the county did not have any vegan restaurants. We just recently got our first all vegan restaurant! Yay! So Kale Cafe Juice Bar & Vegan Bistro definetly makes this list. Great food! Read more about it here.